2.6.11-rcX / 2.6.10-ac9 kernel do not more boot SATA disk on amd64

From: Marcus Hartig
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 15:15:08 EST

Hello,

I can not more boot any kernel >=2.6.11-rcX also >=2.6.10-ac9 and latest bk6. But I have here Alan Cox 2.6.10-ac8 and Cons 2.6.10-ck5 running and booting fine without any problems.

But now all kernel versions after that failed (with the same config tried) with:

mount: error 6 mounting ext3
umount /initrd/dev failed

on my Fedora Core 3 x86_64. The Fedora devel kernel also failed booting (2.6.11-rcX-bkX included and badly the SCSI support and all other as modules configured, what a shame... ;) .

I've tried compiling all needed drivers like libata, sata_nv, SCSI support, ext3 (my root / fs),... in the kernel and also the most as always as modules with an initrd. With and wo "noapic", direct device names to grub given and always no chance to get all at the top named kernel to boot.

What was there changed in this time? Or can anybody tell me, what I'm doing here wrong? :-(

Hardware: nForce3 250Gb MSI K8N Neo Mainboard, Samsung SATA 80GB disk, / fs on ext3, x86_64 kernel/Fedora and gcc 3.4.3.

config: http://www.marcush.de/config-2.6.11-rc3

Greetings,
Marcus