Re: [RFC/RFT] [patch] Elo serial touchscreen driver

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 15:13:53 EST

On Wed, 2005-02-09 19:54:04 +0000, Paulo Marques <pmarques@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <420A6A5C.8030106@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >We could have a library that would do that and link applications against
> >it. It could also handle things like tap-n-drag, etc, something we
> >certainly don't want in the kernel.
>
> I really like this idea :)
>
> A libtouch library that handled calibration (this includes mirroring and
> swapping the coordinates) and other goodies (like filtering out short
> "touch release" events while dragging, etc.) would be a good standard
> interface for all applications.
>
> Being in user space would also mean that the library could do things
> like keeping a /etc/touch.conf file where it would read default
> calibration data, etc.

...and for X11. Maybe we'd start talking about an API for this lib? At
least, my employer is interested I guess. (But this is OT wrt. the Linux
kernel, could you contact me at jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?)

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481 _ O _
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg _ _ O