Re: Getting errors in compilation of Hello World!

From: linux-os
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 10:01:34 EST

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Deepti Patel wrote:

Hi all,
I am new to Linux. I am tring to load a module in kernel of 'Fedora core2'.
I wrote a simple Hello world program and tring to compile it with Makefile. I tried 3 differnt types of make file but still it is giving me error. I will really appritiate any help.
[SNIPPED..]

Dear future Linux Hacker.
Try this for your Makefile. It works fine.

KDIR := /lib/modules/$(shell uname -r)/build
PWD := $(shell pwd)
obj-m := hello.o
default:
$(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) SUBDIRS=$(PWD) modules

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.10 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.