Re: 2.6.11-rc3-bk5: XFS: fcron: could not write() buf to disk: Resource temporarily unavailable

From: Alexander Y. Fomichev
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 09:47:14 EST

On Wednesday 09 February 2005 04:29, Nathan Scott wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 08:51:36PM +0300, Alexander Y. Fomichev wrote:
> > G' day
> >
> > It looks like XFS broken somewhere in 2.6.11-rc1,
> > sadly i can't sand "right" bugreport, some facts only.
> > Upgrade to 2.6.11-rc2 makes fcron non-working for me in case of
> > crontabs directory is placed on XFS partition.
> > When i try to install new crontab fcrontab die with error:
> > "could not write() buf to disk: Resource temporarily unavailable"
>
> Is that an O_SYNC write, do you know? Or a write to an inode
> with the sync flag set?

Yes, it is O_SYNC, as i can see from fcron sources, and, no, kernel
have been compiled without xattrs support (if i understand
your question correctly)

> > The same time it works with 2.6.10.
>
> I'm chasing down a problem similar to this atm, so far looks like
> something in the generic VM code below sync_page_range is giving
> back EAGAIN, and that is getting passed back out to userspace by
> XFS. Not sure where/why/how its been caused yet though ... I'll
> let you know once I have a fix or have found the culprit change.
>
> cheers.

Tnx for quick answer.

PS: i forgot to mention last time i tested 2.6.11-rc3-bk5 with the
same results.

--
Best regards.
Alexander Y. Fomichev <gluk@xxxxxxx>