Re: [2.6 patch] drivers/isdn/hardware/eicon/: misc possible cleanups

From: Armin Schindler
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 02:41:57 EST

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 06, 2005 at 11:18:18AM +0100, Armin Schindler wrote:
>
> > Hi Adrian,
>
> Hi Armin,
>
> > thanks for the proposed patch.
> > Making the functions static is a good idea, I will check and test this.
> > Removing some functions, especially from io.* and di.* is not good. These
> > functions are mainly used with other sub-drivers which are not part of the
> > kernel. I will check if they are some really outdated and the removals in
> > message.c.
>
> silly question:
> Why are these sub-drivers not included in the kernel?

These drivers are for older cards and are not fully ported to kernel 2.6.
I never really intended to put this old stuff into kernel 2.6.
The code of io.* and di.* is common code for all supported platforms, so I
always try to reduce changes here.
Like my last patch, I will try to remove unused code in linux with a
preparser in my code-controller. So eventually the mentioned code is really
unsused and can be removed.
I will check all this in the next days and prepare a new patch.

Armin