Re: Touchpad problems with 2.6.11-rc2

From: Peter Osterlund
Date: Sun Jan 30 2005 - 06:22:07 EST

Dmitry Torokhov <dmitry.torokhov@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:55:20 -0800, David Brownell <david-b@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The more serious one is that sometimes it seems to spontaneously emit click
> > events while I'm moving finger across pad. Which means I've had to learn to
> > plan my "mouse" motions to avoid areas where clicking could have bad effects.
> > But that's not always possible ...
>
> That is default sensitivity not suiting your habits I think. I would
> recomment trying out Synaptics X driver (which also does ALPS) so you
> will be able adjust sensitivity the way you like it.

I think the problem is that the tap detection in mousedev.c is very
simplistic. It always generates a button click if the time between
"finger down" and "finger up" is small enough, even if the finger was
moved a large x/y distance. The X driver handles this with another
parameter that specifies the maximum allowed distance. If the finger
moved more than this distance, no button event is generated.

--
Peter Osterlund - petero2@xxxxxxxxx
http://web.telia.com/~u89404340