Re: Yenta CardBus IRQ storm disabling interrupt

From: Russell King
Date: Sat Jan 29 2005 - 15:54:59 EST

On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 12:42:17PM -0800, Mike Cumings wrote:
> In my Googling, I encountered a thread on January 10th of this year entitled
> "yenta_socket rapid fires interrupts" (between Dick Hollenbeck, Linus,
> and others)

Out of interest, is it the same cardbus card you're inserting into
the socket as the problem mentioned above?

I think what is suspected is that the Cardbus card is holding its
interrupt output active. This normally shares the same interrupt
as the yenta socket status change interrupt, and, since we're
listening for interrupts from the card, it causes this problem.

A thought: can you reproduce this problem with 2.4? Has this cardbus
card been used with other Linux kernels? On other machines?

I suspect what you'll find is that any Linux kernel on any machine
with this card will exhibit this problem - which would prove my
theory.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 PCMCIA - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/