Kernel oops on integrating a module with obj-y option

From: selvakumar nagendran
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 23:52:40 EST

Hello everyone,

I am using Fedora core 1. I am doing
my project in the linux kernel 2.4.28. In my project,
I am intercepting system calls. I am doing all these
things from a module. Now, I installed this module
with the main kernel and I found it working nice when
I used 'modprobe' to load it.
Then I changed obj-m of my module to
obj-y and then I compiled my module object file with
the core kernel files like fs.o net.o kernel.o. So, my
target kernel binary code contains my module. Then I
booted my system. Now, the kernel oops sometimes and
sometimes it prompts for checking the disk and opens
the file system as a read only device.
To integrate my module, I created a
new subdirectory under the kernel source directory
named 'rsched' and I icreated my own make file for
that. The makefile contains the following lines
obj-y := rsched.o ( previously obj-m := rsched.o)
include $(TOPDIR)/Rules.make

then I changed the following lines in the top level
make file.
SUBDIRS := fs net kernel.... rsched
CORE_FILES := kernel/kernel.o fs/fs.o ....
rsched/rsched.o

How can I rectify this error so that I can
integrate my module with the main kernel image?

Thanks in advance and regards,
selva