Re: Fwd: Patch to control VGA bus routing and active VGA device.

From: Grant Grundler
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 12:37:32 EST

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 08:28:43AM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> But then again,
> I suppose if a platform supports more than one legacy I/O space,

Eh?! there can only be *one* legacy I/O space.
We can support multipl IO port spaces, but only one can be the "legacy".

Moving the VGA device can only function within that legacy space
the way the code is written now (using hard coded addresses).
If it is intended to work with multiple IO Port address spaces,
then it needs to use the pci_dev->resource[] and mangle that appropriately.

grant