Re: Preempt & Xfs Question

From: Matthias-Christian Ott
Date: Thu Jan 27 2005 - 12:31:28 EST

Chris Wedgwood wrote:

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 06:24:13PM +0000, Matthias-Christian Ott wrote:

Well calling such a internal function (__function) is not a cleaning
coding style but works best :-) .

__foo does NOT mean it's an internal function necessarily or that it's
unclean to use it (sadly Linux has pretty vague (nothing consistent)
rules on how to interpret __foo versus foo really.

Combined with the current_cpu() fixes I mentioned, it looks like
this:

(1) your patch is mangled/wrapped

(2) this is fixed in CVS already (for maybe a week or so now?)

I'll submit it to the mailinglist as a seperate patch, so Linus can
apply it to the current Kernel.

XFS patches/suggestions should go to linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx and the
maintainers there can comment as needed.

Hi!
I didn't know about the xfs development status. But it's good to hear that it's already fixed. When will it be included to the Kernel?

Matthias-Christian Ott

--
http://unixforge.org/~matthias-christian-ott/