Re: How to add/drop SCSI drives from within the driver?

From: Brian King
Date: Wed Jan 26 2005 - 09:50:31 EST

Newer kernels also have kobject_uevent, which lets any application use netlink to look for hotplug events.

-Brian

Mukker, Atul wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. After more exploration, looks like different
distribution have different implementations for /sbin/hotplug. This may
aggravate the issue for applications. For now, we will stick with a wait and
watch after bus scan :-(

Will probe the linux-hotplug-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx list for more
pointers

Thanks