RE: [ANNOUNCE][RFC] plugsched-2.0 patches ...

From: Marc E. Fiuczynski
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 21:52:16 EST

Hi Peter,

> I'm hoping that the CKRM folks will send me a patch to add their
> scheduler to plugsched :-)

They are planning to release a patch against 2.6.10. But their patch wont
stand alone against 2.6.10 and so it might be difficult for you to integrate
their code into a scheduler for plugsched.

Also, the CKRM scheduler only modifies Ingo's O(1) scheduler. It certainly
would be interesting to have CKRM variants of the other schedulers. This
points to a whole new level of 'plugsched' in that general O(1) schedulers
need to support fair share plugins.

Marc