Re: Announce loop-AES-v3.0b file/swap crypto package

From: Fruhwirth Clemens
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 16:06:41 EST

On Mon, 2005-01-17 at 19:29 +0000, Paul Walker wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 17, 2005 at 08:14:58PM +0100, Fruhwirth Clemens wrote:
>
> > > Unlikely to go to mainline kernel. Mainline folks are just too much in love
> > > with their backdoored device crypto implementations [1].
>
> Just to add back in Jari's link, so the folks added know what you're talking
> about:
>
> > [1] http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=107419912024246&w=2

You will find the same information on my site. Therefore, I do NOT
decline this vulnerability. I decline it's security implications. It's
on the same level as the vulnerability, that you will give away your
root password under torture.[2]

Nothing about kernel crypto is backdoored. If Ruusu thinks different, he
should show me source code. Till then, treat it as FUD.

<off-topic>
[2] I think the torture vulnerability is more serious than any
watermarking "attack". "Rubberhosing" can be fixed btw.
http://web.archive.org/web/20031214064240/http://www.rubberhose.org/
Unfortunately, original site is down and source code outdated.
</off-topic>

--
Fruhwirth Clemens <clemens@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> http://clemens.endorphin.org