Re: Announce loop-AES-v3.0b file/swap crypto package

From: Willy Tarreau
Date: Mon Jan 17 2005 - 00:24:27 EST

Hi Bill,

On Sun, Jan 16, 2005 at 11:26:38PM -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:

> Is this eventually going in the mainline kernel? I'd like to use it, but
> if I'm going to have to maintain my own crypto kernels indefinitely this
> probably isn't the one for me.

On a side note, I would say that this one is not particularly difficult to
apply, and Jari often includes up to date patches. Admittedly, when you want
to stick to an old kernel for a long time, it might become difficult. I've
been doing this for about 2 years now, and I cannot say that this one caused
me any nightmares yet. However, if it went into mainline, it would be better
of course !

Cheers,
Willy