Re: Announce loop-AES-v3.0b file/swap crypto package

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 23:15:13 EST

Jari Ruusu wrote:
loop-AES changes since previous release:
- Fixed externally compiled module version multi-key-v3 ioctl
incompatibility with boxes running 64 bit kernel and 32 bit userland.
Kernel patch versions were not affected (2.4 and 2.6 kernels).
- Fixed bug that made v3 on-disk format always use file backed code path on
some 2.6 kernels that did not have LO_FLAGS_DO_BMAP defined. No data loss,
but file backed code path is not journaled file system safe. Same bug also
had cosmetic side effect of "losetup -a" status query always displaying
file backed v2 on-disk format as v3 on-disk format.

bzip2 compressed tarball is here:

http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/loop-AES/loop-AES-v3.0b.tar.bz2
md5sum b295ff982cd4503603b38fdc54e604cc

http://loop-aes.sourceforge.net/loop-AES/loop-AES-v3.0b.tar.bz2.sign

Is this eventually going in the mainline kernel? I'd like to use it, but if I'm going to have to maintain my own crypto kernels indefinitely this probably isn't the one for me.
--
bill davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>
CTO TMR Associates, Inc