Re: XFS: inode with st_mode == 0

From: Jakob Oestergaard
Date: Sun Jan 16 2005 - 19:55:22 EST

On Sat, Jan 15, 2005 at 01:09:08PM +1100, Nathan Scott wrote:
> > AFAIK the best you can do is to get the most recent XFS kernel from
> > SGI's CVS (this one is based on 2.6.10).
>
> The -mm tree also has these fixes; we'll get them merged into
> mainline soon.

Okeydokey - good

> > If you run that kernel, then most of the former problems will be gone;
> > *) I only have one undeletable directory on my system - so it seems that
> > this error is no longer common ;)
>
> You may need to run xfs_repair to clean that up..? Or does
> the problem persist after a repair?

I'm running Debian Woody - the xfs_check/xfs_repair there didn't seem to
find anything last I tried. I have not re-checked for this last problem
though.

I figured I might need to run the CVS version of xfs tools, and, well,
me being busy and all, I thought I'd just leave the 'delete_me'
directory hanging until some time I got more time on my hands ;)

--

/ jakob