Re: make flock_lock_file_wait static

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Sat Jan 15 2005 - 16:37:08 EST

On Tue, Jan 11, 2005 at 02:16:44PM -0500, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> ty den 11.01.2005 Klokka 09:31 (+0100) skreiv Arjan van de Ven:
> > If it is going to take a LOT longer though I still feel it's wrong to
> > bloat *everyones* kernel with this stuff.
> >
> > (you may think "it's only 100 bytes", well, there are 700+ other such
> > functions, total that makes over at least 70Kb of unswappable, wasted
> > memory if not more.)
>
> A list of these 700+ unused exported APIs would be very useful so that
> we can deprecate and/or get rid of them.

Patches are already sent for each one that is found (the one by Arjan in
this discusison is one of them).

My figures in [1] show, any kind of deprecation would mean _much_ extra
work within the current 2.6 development model.

> Trond

cu
Adrian

[1] http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0501.0/2036.html