Re: yenta_socket rapid fires interrupts

From: DHollenbeck
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 10:53:57 EST

Stefan Seyfried wrote:

Linus Torvalds wrote:

What I don't see is why the port changes state, then. Since the yenta driver doesn't care for the interrupt anyway, it shouldn't be touching the hardware, and if it doesn't touch the hardware, then the pcmcia thing should eventually just calm down, even if it were to de-bounce a few times.

The above is what you'd likely see if somebody was forcing a reset on the
card or a card voltage re-interrogation all the time, which I don't see
why it would happen.

i have a "feeling" that a weak power supply or a little bit too high current draw from the card may cause something like this. But this is just what i wrote: a feeling from my stomach ;-)

Stefan

I tested the card in a different, more beefy box, namely a shoebox PC, whereas the problem box is one with an external power supply coming in via cable.

In the shoebox PC the card works fine. In the shoebox, this problem CARDBUS card (CARDBUS to USB 2.0 adapter) is running on a PCI card, which is a separate "PCI to CARDBUS" PCI card. The PCI card has a PCI_DEVICE_ID_RICOH_RL5C475 part, which is under control of the yenta_socket driver just fine.

So the "problem USB 2.0 adapter card" works OK with yenta_socket.c from 2.6.10 on the RICOH cardbus chip. The problem is with the TI1520 chip in the embedded machine on the embedded motherboard. What we do not know is if the problem is with:

1) TI1520 chip/yenta combo, or
2) embedded PC/power supply

Any last gasping ideas?

Thank you all again,