Re: 2.6.9 & 2.6.10 unresponsive to keyboard upon bootup

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Tue Jan 11 2005 - 02:45:58 EST

On Sunday 09 January 2005 08:09 pm, Roey Katz wrote:
> OK, I moved that input/serio line to be just above the line mentioning
> "input". Rebooted; still got this error. See all the -2.6.9-rc2-bk3
> logs on my web site (http://roey.freeshell.org/mystuff/kernel/) for
> details. I will follow up with psmouse disabled if you want.

I just don't see anything wrong with it... oh well...

Ok, I have cut out everything but input changes from -rc2-bk3, could you
pleasde try appying the patch below to -rc2. If it does not work it will
prove that the input code is to blame and we'll start reverting changes
one by one to find out the one that broke the keyboard.

Make you are booting with log_buf_len=131072 as some of your logs are
short. And be sure hit keyboard couple of times after the mox finished
booting (single user mode preferably).

Btw, does your mouse work?

> Roey
> PS: just changing a Makefile makes a difference?

This particular chane make keyboard controller initialization code run later
in the startup sequence, but apparently it had no visible effect.

--
Dmitry