[BUG ?] smbfs open always succeeds

From: tvrtko . ursulin
Date: Mon Nov 29 2004 - 06:19:43 EST

Hello,

I posted a possible bug report to the maintainer about 10 days ago but
with no response, therefore here it goes again. As far a I can tell it is
common for both 2.4 and 2.6.

Sorry if this is not a bug but some hidden functionality!

--- snippet from the original mail to the maintainer ---

Looking at linux-2.6.9/fs/smbfs/file.c line 365 (end of the smb_file_open
function). Shouldn't it be "return result;" instead of "return 0;" ?

I've been tracing some strange behaviour and this fixed it for me. But I
am far away from being an expert. :)