Re: performance of filesystem xattrs with Samba4

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 21:49:26 EST

Would you be willing to do some variation on it that scaled itself to the size of the machine, and generated disk load rather than fitting in ram?

I hope you understand my reluctance to optimize for tests that fit into ram.....

Thanks,

Hans

Finally, I should note that Spec is considering adding CIFS
benchmarking to their suite of benchmarks. Interestingly, they are
looking at using something based on my nbench tool, or something close
to it, so eventually nbench might become the more "official"
benchmark. That would certainly be an interesting turn of events :)

Cheers, Tridge