Re: Kernel 2.6.9 Multiple Page Allocation Failures

From: Stefan Schmidt
Date: Sat Nov 20 2004 - 21:45:52 EST

On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 02:43:50AM +0100, Stefan Schmidt wrote:
> > It seems that both Stefan and me are using XFS. Does someone have this problems
> > with another filesystem? Unfortunately I cannot change fs. Can you Stefen?
> Yes, i'll switch to EXT2 now. We'll see. Needs about 1d to fill up again and
> i think if there is no filesystem corruption after say 5d i'll blame xfs. ;)
Err, later...
After aborting badblocks on the first disks xfs partition (ctrl-c) and then
running "mkfs.ext2 -v -T largefile4 -O dir_index,sparse_super -m 0" i got a
"Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempting to free lock on active lock list"
via serial. Still on 2.6.10-rc1-bk23-watermark. I will provide you with a
screenshot monday morning if there is any.
I just updated the debian/unstable i386 installation so it should be debian
version 1.35-8 of the e2fsprogs package.

*sigh*,
Stefan