2.6.9-bb1, 2.4.27-bs1, SKAS3/2.6-V7 released

From: Blaisorblade
Date: Thu Nov 04 2004 - 13:41:22 EST

You can find all on http://www.user-mode-linux.org/~blaisorblade/.

The SKAS3/2.6-v7 was already released, but I probably forgot to announce it.
So I'm announcing it now.

Changes in SKAS:
* echo 0 > /proc/sysemu on the guests works fine, finally!

Changes in both 2.6.9 and 2.4.27:
they run fine on 2.6.9 host kernels, without hanging at the exit.

Changes in 2.6.9 only:
included a large chunk of JDike tree (excluding all x86_64 related patches),
and all the latest security patches from Bodo Stroesser; also it includes the
-V7 skas patch in it.

Actually, however, to do this I had to include big, invasive patches from Jeff
Dike's tree. I've done it because it's needed and because Bodo Stroesser
worked with the incrementals very fine.

Changes in 2.4.27 only:

It's based on a fork from the official 2.4.24-1; the patches I've included
come almost totally from there, but I dropped all the hostfs rewrite. I also
included some incrementals, the one I thought safe.

Also, you can find on the page the instructions to avoid the "hwclock hang" in
TT mode. I found the faulty patch, but it needs a more worse bug, which
affects everyone running in TT mode on a 2.6 host, so it's included. You can
revert the patch if you want, and if you have to run it on a 2.4 host. I sent
a message about this about a week ago, but I got no answer.

* md5sums are available (to test with "md5sum -c *.md5").

Any testing and report is welcome.

Bye
--
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade