Re: nfs stale filehandle issues with 2.6.10-rc1 in-kernel server

From: Trond Myklebust
Date: Tue Nov 02 2004 - 20:19:06 EST

ty den 02.11.2004 Klokka 17:19 (-0700) skreiv Jeff V. Merkey:

> >Connect 2.4.18 and 2.6.9 with NFS 3 enabled. I am seeing problems
> >connecting and file size mismatches. I also see errors with zero
> >length files (host side) that get opened and populated with data
> >and the remote side is unable to read them -- keeps seeing
> >them as zero length.

That's entirely expected. NFS has always been forced to use a polling
model for attribute cache consistency. "man 5 nfs" and read all about
the "actimeo" mount options that control this behaviour.

Cheers,
Trond

--
Trond Myklebust <trond.myklebust@xxxxxxxxxx>