Re: [patch] Real-Time Preemption, -VP-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U3

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 12:56:30 EST

Ingo Molnar wrote:
i have released the -U3 PREEMPT_REALTIME patch:

http://redhat.com/~mingo/voluntary-preempt/voluntary-preempt-2.6.9-rc4-mm1-U3

Overall, for me, this just seems to be getting better and better with each iteration. I have posted a few traces that I have captured during some of my testing on my SMP system at home. Only the last four are from U3 (9-12). The others are from previous versions and in some cases probably aren't relevant any more. No. 9 which is the worst I've seen with U3 very well may have happened before the system was up completely.

Traces:
http://www.cybsft.com/testresults/2.6.9-rc4-mm1-VP/

kr