Re: Fw: signed kernel modules?

From: Josh Boyer
Date: Fri Oct 15 2004 - 12:53:13 EST

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 11:59, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> The technical details are that "signed", "sealed", "certified",
> relate to policy. For years policy was not allowed to be included in
> the kernel. In recent times, the kernel has become filthy with
> policy.

I'd disagree. Do you consider SELinux to be policy as well just because
it's in the kernel?

As David said in his response, it's a mechanism. Whether _you_ choose
to use it or not decides the "policy". That's why I said put a config
option around it. You would still have _choice_.

> it right. What's right for you is wrong for another.

Absolutely. So why are you trying to prevent people that want to use
module signing from doing so?

josh