Re: [Ext-rt-dev] Re: [ANNOUNCE] Linux 2.6 Real Time Kernel

From: K.R. Foley
Date: Tue Oct 12 2004 - 21:03:44 EST

Bill Huey (hui) wrote:
<snip>

Well, uh, at least you're single kernel image folks like
us and not flaming us/me yet for corrupting the sancity
of Linux. Oh man, I feel a flame war coming. This is such
touchy material.

What's Monta Vista's attitude toward preemption development ?
open or closed ? I know this is a charged question, but
this has to be asked. :)

This commerical thing is going to be weird. I wish I was
an angry hippie instead of having a job at certain moments. :)

Aside from being able to claim first to market, what is to be gained by having this effort closed? If it is truly integrated into the Linux kernel and not another segregated/multi-kernel solution, is there any way to keep it closed?

But the bay area is pretty damn cool, so... that makes up
for it. :)

bill