Kernel 2.6.8 and DELL's DOTHAN Processor B0

From: michel . mengis
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 01:22:44 EST

Hi all,

I have a lot of trouble to bring the kernel 2.6.8-1 to detect my dothan
processor.
It's a Pentium M Dothan B0 version, 1.7Ghz/600Mhz.
The BIOS is DELL's D800 Bios version 09.

I added 3 patches:
cpufreq-speedstep-dothan-3.patch :add correct frequency table in speedstep.c
dothan-speedstep-fix.patch : add correct Level2 cache
bk-cpufreq.patch : from http://linux-dj.bkbits.net/cpufreq

I added a lot of output in speedstep-centrino.c, acpi/processor.c to track the
problem.

I notice that my computer is running always in the lowest speed evenif I'm
stressing it... All ouputs I added show me that Speedstep isn't the cause,
neither CPUFreq but while CPUFreq calls all notifiers, acpi/processor.c's
CPUFREQ_INCOMPATIBLE change the max speed to the lowest evenif during
cpufreq_acpi_cpu_init the max speed is well detected.
Seems to be like it's coz at boot time the kernel doesn't detect correctly the
max speed.
dmesg shows me that a 600Mhz processor has been detected only and not 1.7Ghz.
(on my D600 pentium M not dothan, it detects correctly 1.6Ghz)

is there a fix for that ?
is it a known bug ?

thx for all help I can get,

best regards,