Re: Problems compiling kernel modules

From: Lei Yang
Date: Mon Aug 23 2004 - 09:40:41 EST

Richard B. Johnson wrote:

Do `depmod -e test.ko` to see what it's complaining about. You
can see all the symbols by using `nm`. Try it. Your code
probably didn't define the necessary stuff to make a module.
You need to look at a typical module (driver) that comes with the
kernel. Just find one of the shortest ".c" files in the driver
tree.

Thanks! I did less /var/log/messages, and got the unknown symbols
Unknown symbol __divsf3
Unknown symbol __fixsfsi
Unknown symbol __subsf3
Unknown symbol __floatsisf
Unknown symbol __mulsf3
Unknown symbol __gesf2
Unknown symbol __addsf3

However, I don't know what those symbols are :( I am a bit worried that maybe I've done something that is not supported by the kernel, like left-shift 16 bits of an int, or floating operations.

Any hints?

Thanks a lot!
Lei

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.26 on an i686 machine (5570.56 BogoMips).