Re: 2.6.8.1-mm1 Tty problems?

From: Paul Fulghum
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 08:17:53 EST

Stephen Smalley wrote:
I find that puzzling, given that flush_unauthorized_files is only called
if the process is changing SIDs on exec, and running less certainly
doesn't involve a SID transition (at least for any policy that I have
seen). I tried the sequence shown with 2.6.8.1-mm1 with SELinux enabled
and disabled, and did not see the behavior he describes. Is the bug
reproducible? Was he running with SELinux enabled or disabled? What
policy did he have loaded?

According to Ismail:
* The problem is reproducible.
* SELinux is disabled.
* With the patch the problem occurs.
* With the patch reversed, the problem went away.

Unfortunately, this appears to be mixed up with
another 2.6.8.1-mm1 change causing udev to garble
the creation of /dev/tty and pty devices.

Applying/reversing the controlling-tty patch in isolation
creates/corrects the symptom with the less program,
so there seems to be some relation.

--
Paul Fulghum
paulkf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx