Re: [patch] enums to clear suspend-state confusion

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Wed Aug 18 2004 - 08:15:50 EST

Hi!

> > Yes, that's exactly what I did... Unfortunately typedef means ugly
> > code. So I'll just switch it back to enum system_state, and lets care
> > about device power managment when it hits us, okay?
>
> I don't agree... with this approach, we'll have to change all drivers
> _twice_ when we move to something more descriptive than a scalar

I'm not entirely concinced we need anything more than a scalar.
I think we could simply create PM_RUNTIME_0 .. PM_RUNTIME_9, and that will work
as long as all devices have <= 10 power managment states.

That can well mean "forever".

Besides, when enums are in place, you can just searcg&replace.
Search part is way harder with u32s.

Pavel
--
64 bytes from 195.113.31.123: icmp_seq=28 ttl=51 time=448769.1 ms