Re: Oops in find_busiest_group(): 2.6.8-rc1-mm1

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 05:54:49 EST

Paul Jackson wrote:
Nick writes:

Can you try with 2.6.8-rc2-mm1?

This _is_ with 2.6.8-rc2-mm1.

Does it happen continually after the system has booted?

Yes - nonstop - 4 times per millisecond, for at least as
long as the machine has been up (I'm rebooting every few
minutes, for other reasons ...).

comment out the call to cpu_attach_domain ... Does that fix it?

Yes - that fixes it. My ratelimited printks on NULL group cease.

Hmm, nothing else seems to be oopsing. Maybe it is the ia64
domain setup code that Jesse did? The domains/groups must
not have been built properly somewhere.