Re: Stop the Linux kernel madness

From: Kyle Moffett
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 14:03:51 EST

On Jun 18, 2004, at 14:23, 4Front Technologies wrote:
Timothy,

Who are you to revoke my request to SuSE and other distributors and others who share
my views on LKML?

Who are you to demand it in the first place. As far as I can see, you've contributed
nothing notable to the kernel development community (But please correct me if I'm
wrong). Why should we listen to you, when you haven't given us reason to. All
you've done is demand things of the LKML, but why should we listen to your
demands instead of our own.

What is wrong with making a demand for standardization?. It's high time
that things got a bit more organized. And where do you see a demand....I just
said "like to see". Which is more of a request the way I understand English.

If you want things more organized, then please code it up and submit a series of
clean patches against the current kernel. Besides, a lack of organization is
sometimes a good thing. (See _The_Cathedral_and_the_Bazaar_:
<http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/cathedral-bazaar/>).

It's high time people like me spoke up for standardization and some sense of
organization. If the majority doesn't want to listen fine, it's a free world,
but you have no right to silence me for airing my views.

We're not silencing you for airing your views. If anything, we're silencing you
because your views get in the way of us doing real work. If you want to be
productive and give us a clean set of patches, then go ahead, but all you're
doing right now is making the signal-to-noise ratio on the LKML worse.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett