Re: 2.6.7-rc1 breaks forcedeth

From: Luis Miguel García Mancebo
Date: Sun May 30 2004 - 12:56:42 EST

> Lee Howard wrote:
> > I use the forcedeth driver for my nVidia ethernet successfully with
> > kernel 2.6.6. I recently tested 2.6.7-rc1, and when using it the
> > ethernet does not work, and I see this in dmesg:
> >
> > eth1: forcedeth.c: subsystem: 01043:80a7 bound to 0000:00:04.0
> > NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
> > NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
> > NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
> > NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
> > NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth1: transmit timed out
> >
> > I can ping localhost and the device's IP number, but I cannot ping other
> > systems' IP numbers.
>

> Well, there are zero changes to the driver itself, so I would guess ACPI
> perhaps...
>
> Try booting with 'acpi=off' or 'noapic' or 'pci=noacpi' or similar...
>
> Jeff

The same here with nforce2 too. Actually I cannot test that, but I can confirm
problems with the ethernet driver in -rc1. Perhaps I can test on tuesday if
-rc2 works or the options you mention above.

Now that you remember me... I remember seeing one message... something about
problems with IRQ # 9.

Thanks.,
--
Luis Miguel García Mancebo
Universidad de Deusto / Deusto University