PROBLEM: kernel-2.6.7-rc1 ACPI and USB failures

From: Roland Lewis
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 14:08:49 EST

[1.] ACPI and USB failures in 2.6.7-rc1
[2.] CPU frequency table is not provided by DMESG at all.
Soft-rebooting results in failure to reinitialise USB peripherals.
Soft-rebooting causes Windows XP to hang during startup.
[3.] kernel, ACPI, CPUFREQ, USB
[4.] kernel-2.6.7-rc1

Returning to kernel-2.6.6 solved all three observed issues.

Toshiba Tecra S1
Pentium-M (Banias, 1400 MHz)
Intel i855PM / ICH4M
Mobility Radeon 9000

Sorry to be so brief. I appreciate this isn't everything you would like to know. Will submit a
more detailed report when I have sufficient time to do so.