Re: filesystem corruption (ReiserFS, 2.6.6): regions replaced by\000 bytes

From: Lenar Lõhmus
Date: Sat May 29 2004 - 06:58:10 EST

Tomas Szepe wrote:

On May-28 2004, Fri, 08:46 -0400
Chris Mason <mason@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

The bottom line: I've experienced file corruption, of the following
nature: consecutive regions (all, it seems, aligned on 256-byte
boundaries, and typically around 1kb or 2kb in length) of seemingly
random files are replaced by null bytes.

The good news is that we tracked this one down recently. 2.6.7-rc1
shouldn't do this anymore.

So did this only affect SMP machines?

No, it's UP here. And I think it happened first with 2.6.6-rc2-mm2.

Lenar