suspend2 problems on SMP machine, incorrect tainting

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Fri May 28 2004 - 05:38:35 EST

Hi!

I tried suspend2 2.0.0.81 on Toshiba HT machine, and it did not
work :-(. First test was with "noapic nosmp", last messages are

Message from syslogd@xxxxxxxxx
elonex kernel: - I/O speed: Write 80 MB/s, Read 83 MB/s

Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer deference at virtual address 100
EIP: c13f7f81 (<- outside of kernel symbols?! strange) Tainted: G S
(no call trace, strange).

Tainted: S is due to suspend2, right? It abuses flag that origally means
"invalid SMP configuration". You might want to fix that.

Tried without noapic nosmp... display got "interesting" at one point,
but hey, it worked! I have "sleeping function called rom invalid
context at arch/i386/mm/highmem.c:5" called from kmap, copy_pageset1.

Tried "noapic" only, worked ok.

--
934a471f20d6580d5aad759bf0d97ddc