[RFC] Kernel origins and maintainers

From: pvant67@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 12:29:08 EST

I'm busy putting together a list of all the contributors and maintainers that I can find, using the CREDITS and MAINTAINERS files. I have not seen this done in one place before; is it redundant effort? The people at Grokline (affiliated with Groklaw) are interested in this project, in an effort to trace and verify the origin of everything that ever happened.

Please see here: http://www.grokline.net

and here: http://www.groklaw.net

How does this overlap with the new Developer's Certificate of Origin? I have the distinct impression that these projects should be working closer together.

Please cc me off the list in addition to on-the-list, just in case; my spam filter occasionally screws up. Thanks to all in advance for any input or advice.

Peter

--
"Truly, if Te is strong in one, all one needs to do is sit on one's ass, and the corpse of one's enemy shall be carried past shortly."
-- spotted somewhere on Usenet