Re: [RFD] Explicitly documenting patch submission

From: raven
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 10:05:55 EST

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Linus Torvalds wrote:

> This is a request for discussion..

There's certainly been a lot of that so far.

Please forgive my interrupting but am I missing something ...

Would it be possible to define a convention for log entries like with
keyword expansions in CVS $Log$ and have it include the expected
brief patch description? Simple, easy and automated but probably doesn't
work with everyones' version control systems.

Just a thought.

Ian