Re: [RFD] Explicitly documenting patch submission

From: La Monte H.P. Yarroll
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 09:13:12 EST

Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

Linus Torvalds wrote:

Any process that doesn't allow for common sense is just broken, and
clearly from a _legal_ standpoint it doesn't matter if we track who fixed
out (atrocious) spelling errors.

"our"

Ahem.

"I did that on purpose to make a point".

Sure, that's the ticket.

Linus "ehh, good save" Torvalds

Maybe in English "fix out" is a phrasal verb? Uh? Can we make it up like that? Any native speaker?

It is now. On behalf of native speakers of English I hereby welcome the phrasal verb
"fix out" to the language. I even offer a defintion and an etymological reference:

fix out: To fix or repair by removing. E.g. "It doesn't matter if we track who fixed
out spelling errors." (Torvalds, lkml, 2004)

See, it's official now.

--
Anyone who quotes me in their sig is an idiot. -- Rusty Russell's sig