Re: [RFD] Explicitly documenting patch submission

From: Steven Cole
Date: Tue May 25 2004 - 08:49:45 EST

On May 25, 2004, at 5:11 AM, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

Linus Torvalds wrote:
Any process that doesn't allow for common sense is just broken, and
clearly from a _legal_ standpoint it doesn't matter if we track who fixed
out (atrocious) spelling errors.

"our"

Ahem.

"I did that on purpose to make a point".

Sure, that's the ticket.

Linus "ehh, good save" Torvalds

Maybe in English "fix out" is a phrasal verb? Uh? Can we make
it up like that? Any native speaker?

To avoid being punched out, I plan on waiting until about a year
into the 2.7.x series before submitting patches (via the maintainers
this time) to change out the accumulating speling erors. That
will hopefully* minimize conflict with the initial surge of patches
at the beginning and the stabilization period near the end.

*hopefully used as a sentence adverb.

Steven