Re: Linux 2.4 VS 2.6 fork VS thread creation time test

From: David Lang
Date: Mon May 24 2004 - 02:21:15 EST

I just found part of a thread from early april about zombie problems in
both 2.4 and 2.6
thread titles are
Exploring sigqueue leak (was: Strange 'zombie' problem both in 2.4 and
2.6)
Local DoS (was: Strange 'zombie' problem both in 2.4 and 2.6)

one piece of info that those threads were looking for is the sigqueue info

on my box I get

baseline:/proc/sys/kernel# grep sigqueue /proc/slabinfo
sigqueue 22 24 160 24 1 : tunables 120 60 8
: slabdata 1 1 0
baseline:/proc/sys/kernel# cat /proc/sys/kernel/rtsig-*
2048
1

default rtsig-max was 1024, I bumped it up to 2048 but it did not affect
the problem

one interesting point is that rtsig-nr is normally 0 but when it is in the
error condition that causes all children to become zombies it sits at 1

since my last message didn't go out to linux-kernel and I didn't notice it
I am attaching the source for a program that also generates this problem

David Lang