Re: bk-3.2.0 released

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 10:01:58 EST

On Wed, 2004-05-19 07:48:52 -0700, Larry McVoy <lm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message <20040519144852.GC18977@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, May 19, 2004 at 04:26:56PM +0200, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-05-19 07:16:48 -0700, Larry McVoy <lm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote in message <20040519141648.GB18977@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> > > new version of a widely used tool is available? If someone posted that
> > > there is a new version of gcc available is that off topic?
> >
> > Yes, it was. Even miscompilation reports are mostly OT, since they
> > should go to GCC's bugzilla.
>
> Sigh. This strikes me as "aha, Larry's posted something, let's see if
> we can get him hooked on some trollbait, that would be fun, it's been
> a while!"

Not at all! You *do* post useful/helpful/serious/whatnot emails (eg.
those about the corruption-at-page's-end topic). It's just that I like
to see noise on this list going down, which includes announcments eg. of
binutils/gcc, bitkeeper, but also the constant announcments for
yet-some-more-email-addresses-added patches for some rarely used script.

So, let's just try to keep noise low, I won't even send more messages to
this thread (accepting whatever you make out of it), but I'll just
continue hacking DZ11 ...

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg