Re: dma ripping

From: Philip Dodd
Date: Sun May 16 2004 - 10:29:40 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:
8<
You are not being stupid, I think we have a leak in there some where.
PIO should work just fine. Slower than DMA of course, but it should work
perfectly of course.

Hi All,

Just a quick "me too" here - though symptoms don't appear to be identical. Running 2.6.6 on Debian Sid and using nvidia binary modules. My system doesn't hang, but when I get the log message "cdrom: dropping to single frame dma" ripping stops working. It still rips but I get silence - it will rip the track OK, as in read through the correct track length, but I get silence on the resulting wav file.

Please let me know if I can let you have any information about this problem.

Kind regards,

Phil