Re: Re: HELP ipt_hook: happy cracking message

From: panemade
Date: Fri Apr 30 2004 - 02:41:28 EST

hello,
Because of i increase icmp header by 8 bytes the next layer IP headers are not
fully added to skbuff that is they become short and i am repeatedly getting
ip_hook : happy cracking message
so where can i modify the total size of alloc_skb to satisfy my constraints
for icmp header?
i got one reference mail that some person has done adding his own header to
ping packet and send it to other machine.he actually added that successfully.
i am unable to contact him. might be his email address has been changed.
regards,
parag.

"Rusty Russell"<rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 01:12, Parag Nemade wrote:
> hi,
> i modified kernel so that it will create
> /proc/net/myproc file entry.
> the function of this entry is to crate a 16 byte char
> string from random no.s
> i used net_srandom and net_random and sys_time for
> that puspose. the problem is that i write program to
> generate string after 120 seconds but it is changing
> contents of myproc file every seconds. what can i do?
> Also i am getting ipt_hook: happy cracking. message
> again and again why?

You're sending out IP packets which don't even contain the IP header,
and you're running connection tracking or some filtering.

The message is not serious.

Rusty.
--
Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an idiot -- Rusty Russell