Re: Hand with radeon 9000 / AGP / DRI

From: Timothy Miller
Date: Tue Apr 27 2004 - 10:56:12 EST

Karim Yaghmour wrote:

I've been playing around trying to get the most out of my Radeon
9000 pro with a 2.4.x kernel and I must admit that I've been
somewhat disapointed. There are two things I've been trying to get
to work properly:
1) RadeonFB
2) Direct rendering in X (needs DRI and AGP)

Which driver are you using for OpenGL? The x11 (mesa) driver, or ATI's driver? ATI's driver doesn't play nice with radeonfb.

Also, telling radeonfb what resolution you want on the boot command line is broken if the res you request and the res reported by EDID disagree.