Re: [OOPS/HACK] atmel_cs and the latest changes in sysfs/symlink.c

From: Marcel Holtmann
Date: Mon Apr 26 2004 - 05:48:44 EST

Hi Russell,

> Look, Dominik has done a fair amount of work in this area. There is
> a set of patches which need to be worked through and merged in a
> controlled manner to get to the point where we can have a struct
> device for PCMCIA cards. We'll get there eventually. Please don't
> try to bypass this process - it won't work, and it'll only cause
> unnecessary merge problems with the existing patch sets.

right now we have two broken drivers. They are only broken, because we
need a device for loading the firmware. If the PCMCIA driver model
integrations is not yet ready, we should find a way to make the firmware
any other task. Actually I don't know how to achieve it, but I think if
we give a NULL pointer to the request_firmware() call the firmware_class
should create a dummy device.

Regards

Marcel