Re: IDE throughput in 2.6 - it's good!

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Sat Apr 24 2004 - 18:59:36 EST

FabF wrote:
Here's what we can call a server direction.2.6 is unbeatable there due
to IO scheduler (i.e. As-iosched, cfq and noop rock'n'roll)

Well, which one were you using just now? AS I assume?

There are no good conclusions at all although ,at this state of
development, IMHO, 2.4 seems more 'client friendly' and 2.6 server
oriented in this chapter.

IO scheduler wise, AS should be good for "clients" (ie. desktop)
because it is the desktop where AS's possible small throughput
regressions are not a big problem even if they did arise.