Re: swsusp: fix error handling in "not enough swap space"

From: Grzegorz Piotr Jaskiewicz
Date: Fri Apr 23 2004 - 23:47:10 EST

Nigel Cunningham wrote:

Hmm.

I agree with you; it does sound like the process of eating memory is grabbing all the swap. I can't see how it could be doing that, however. If you really want to use Pavel's version, I'd suggest adding some more debug statements. Perhaps print out the number of swap pages free at the start of that loop.

Ok, now funny bit happends. Simple program like that:
while(1){
char *a=malloc(1024*1024*16);
if (a==NULL)
break;
}

can allocate only about 200MB, than exits. That's the fist thing.
Second one, starting KDE, and when swap usage != 0 (just to be sure there is no problem with any assumption), gives me loads of error messages (see attached file).

Very bizzare behavior.