Re: [module-init-tools] Segmentation fault

From: Rusty Russell
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 17:28:11 EST

On Mon, 2004-04-19 at 19:48, Méher Khiari wrote:
> Hi all
> It is my first post here.
> I didn't find any other mailing list talking about module-init-tools
> (nor a wiki page), so I am posting here.
> I got module-init-tools-0.9.14, I compiled and installed (as written in
> the README) but I got a segmentation fault when I tested modprobe.
> Although, I got the testsuite and ran the test and all went well !!!!

Yes. The testsuite rebuilds the binaries with -DJUST_TESTING so it can
do nasty things to the internals (like control uname). These will
segfault if run normally. Hence "make check" now does a "make clean" at
the end.

Hope that helps!
Rusty.
--
Anyone who quotes me in their signature is an idiot -- Rusty Russell